- Name – Craig Battersby
- AKA – Batto / Tommy / Battenburg
- Riding Style – not known for glass cranks put it that way
- Likes – Dolomites, Alps, Vercors, Majorca
- Pet hates – ex-cyclists with issues
- “When I’m not riding my bike, I…” – wish I was
- Favourite quote – Don’t have one, but like this from someone I respect “This is my body, and I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it, study it, tweak it; listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I am on. What am I on? I am on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?”
Craig started racing in 1990, yes kids, that’s back in the black and white TV days! Like Kris he started cycling as a fat kid to lose weight.
Early racing was dominated by Time Trials with Craig taking 6th in the National Junior Best All-rounder time trial series back when it was a big deal, and 10th in the National Junior ’10’. After taking a few years out whilst at Uni Craig returned to the sport but switched to the road where he moved through the categories to gain his 1st cat licence and ride some internationals like the the 9 day Irish Milk Ras and Tour of Lancs. After another period away from the sport to sample life as a ‘normal’ lad Craig returned, this time for good. Winning the Manchester 2-Day, Tour of the Kingdom and a handful of local road races, by May he was back to 1st cat and stayed there for 10 years, finishing inside the top 10 three times at the Tour of the North and moving up to Elite along the way until dropping to 2nd this season, that may be temporary though.
When not obsessing about the bike Craig is asleep or hard at work for Leapfrog Technologies.