Name – Billy Sewart (AKA “Billy the Kid”)
Weight – 70 KG
Riding style – If in doubt, flat out!
What’s your story? Why did you get into cycling?
I’ve always been into bike’s, as a kid I used to ride bmx, mtb and motocross. Whilst at school age 14 I was chosen from over 8000 kids to do trials for Team GB Talent Team, I got down to the final 20 riders but unfortunately due to injury I missed out on a place in the team…. From there I carried on with my original passion Motocross! I had a few successful seasons racing MX resulting in me winning the 2008 North West junior motocross championship. After that I kind of fell out with motocross due to a few thing’s, the biggest being injury! I started doing a lot more mountain biking and bought a road bike to get fit for mountain bike events…. And here we are today!
- What was your first bike?
- Cannondale System Six Liquigas, it was way to big for me but got me started!
- What are your trademark traits that people know you by?
- Doing Wheelies and Crashing, normally in that order!
- Who is your cycling hero, past / present?
- Past – Lance Armstrong
- Present – Mark Cavendish
- Apart from cycling, any other passion or addiction that would be impossible to give up?
- Coffee/Cake/Good Beer
- What do you avoid like the plague?
- Beans! Hate them with a passion.
- What’s your party piece?
- Blowing bubbles
- What is your power track?
- Klingande – Jubel
- What about your karaoke track?
- Dire Straits – Money for Nothing
- What’s your pre-race habit?
- I have two bagels with copious amounts of Nutella on them, I always put my left sock on first too
- Best ever achievement on the bike?
- Gettng my 2nd cat in first season of racing and beating Batto in the LRC hilly TT 😉 he DNF’d but still counts!
- Favourite bike race?
- Ilkley 2 day stage race also the Chorley GP was awesome!
- Perfect three course meal?
- Coco pops for starter – Steak and sweet potato main – Carrot cake for pudding, Washed down with a few bottles of Duvel. All the goodness an athlete needs!
- Favourite Film?
- Big Daddy/ any Adam Sandler film
- If you could do just one more ride, what or where would it be?
- Moab or Whistler on the mtb
- Best decision ever made?
- Buying a bike!
- What one piece of advice would you give to anyone thinking about bike racing?
- If you stop enjoying it, don’t do it!
Twitter – @billysewart
Instagram – @billyjamessewart90