Name – Craig Battersby (AKA “Batto, Tommy”)
Weight – 61 KG
Riding style – Missionary
What’s your story? Why did you get into cycling?
I started because I was the fat kid in school always last to be picked at footy, I lost a load of weight and instead of finishing last at cross-country I started winning it, still picked last at footy though!
- What was your first bike?
- Raleigh Burner
- What are your trademark traits that people know you by?
- Being late.
- Who is your cycling hero, past / present?
- Past – Lance Armstrong, Sean Kelly
- Present – Adam and Simon Yates
- Apart from cycling, any other passion or addiction that would be impossible to give up?
- Porridge and Nutella
- What do you avoid like the plague?
- What’s your party piece?
- I’m not good at party’s, tend to do silly shit.
- What’s your power track?
- Eminem – Lose Yourself
- What about your karaoke track?
- The Offspring – Pretty Fly For A White Guy
- What’s your pre-race habit?
- Being late.
- Best ever achievement on the bike?
- 10 years as a 1st cat and then getting elite year after breaking my leg.
- Favourite bike race?
- Preston Arena, failing that always liked any race on the Horse and Jockey circuit at Delph.
- Perfect three course meal?
- anything involving chorizo or a good curry.
- Favourite Film?
- Don’t have one, watch a lot of films but never the same one twice.
- If you could do just one more ride, what or where would it be?
- DOLOMITES Flying down the Passo Pordoi without a helmet and no brakes.
- Best decision ever made?
- Asking Tricia to say yes.
- What one piece of advice would you give to anyone thinking about bike racing?
- Don’t give up.
Twitter – n/a
Instagram – @tommybat