- Name – Simon Deplitch
- AKA – Si / Pug / The silver fox
- Riding Style – ‘from behind, with balls’
- Likes – ‘Bella-in-sella’ / Music / Horology / Coffee, Dark Chocolate & Cognac
- Pet hates – – inconsideration of others (on the road and in life)
- “When I’m not riding my bike, I…” – am planning when and where I’m next riding my bike
- Favourite quote – “You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.” – Paulo Coelho. Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?” Homer Simpson: “I wish, we were bicycling to a lake.”
Simon is getting on a bit… he spent 30 years riding mountain bikes for fun before getting his first road bike in 2013 and has taken to it like a duck to a Chinese restaurant!
When Simon isn’t racing on the road he’s riding his mountain bike with the ‘rollers.cc’ or haggling for new shinny bike bits at Leisure Lakes bikes Bury. Having settled back in Bolton after several years living abroad, he lives with his misses (Jackie) and share four teenage offspring (2 each) – “time for a ride”.