Name – Jonathan Fowles (AKA “Figgy”)
Weight – 64 KG
Riding style – Somewhere in between sprinter/climber/tester
What’s your story? Why did you get into cycling?
Having been a mountain biker from a young age, and shredding up the local trails every weekend, I moved into road cycling after my brother took it up. Not long after, at the age of 16, my brother and I rode our Colnagos 1000km across the Alps from Dijon to Pisa. I’ve been riding ever since.
- What was your first bike?
- Colnago Dream, purchased from my brother. It was a dream, why did I sell it!?
- What are your trademark traits that people know you by?
- Can be shouty in breakaways.
- Who is your cycling hero, past / present?
- Nibali (Nibbles) – pure class on a bike, and descends like a badass.
- Apart from cycling, any other passion or addiction that would be impossible to give up?What do you avoid like the plague
- Eating/cooking… a good excuse to keep riding
- What do you avoid like the plague?
- What’s your party piece?
- Not dancing!
- What’s your power track?
- Everyday – Rich Gang
- What about your karaoke track?
- I hate karaoke!
- What’s your pre-race habit?
- Jelly Babies + Caffeine
- Best ever achievement on the bike?
- KOM Stelvio descentFavourite bike race?
- Favourite bike race?
- Giro d’Italia
- Perfect three course meal?
- Something surprising or a food I haven’t tried before… as long as it’s nice… preferably with Michelin star.
- Favourite Film?
- Pulp Fiction
- If you could do just one more ride, what or where would it be?
- Around the foothills of the Alps in France, close to the Rhone, on a warm summer evening just as the sun is going down.
- Best decision ever made?
- Moving to Manchester
- What one piece of advice would you give to anyone thinking about bike racing?
- Don’t brake